5th February, 2023
What is Android?
Android is a popular Linux based open source operating system used in mobile phones, tables, smart watches and smart TVs.
- Android Inc. was founded in October 2003 by Andy Rubin, Rich Minor, Nick Sears and Chris White.
- Google acquired Android Inc. in 2005. and acquired its key employees.
- The first beta version of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) was released by Google in 2007, where as the first commercial version. Android 1.0 was released in September 2008.
- Anyone can customize the Android platforms.
- It is primarily used for touchscreen devices, cell phones, and tablets.
- It is occupied approximately 71% of shares in the worldwide mobile operating system market by 2022.
- Play Store or Google Play Store is a digital marketplace for distributing android applications. This service is developed and operated by Google.
- Android applications are usually developed in Java and Kotlin language using the Android Software Development Kit.
- Android Studio is the official integrated development environment (IDE) used to develop Android applications. Android Studio is based on IntelliJ IDEA.